Nov 9, 2020
Assessment has the potential to either amplify or inhibit
learning. On the episode, we dig into how to assess to cultivate
deeper learning and develop the competencies students will need for
the 21st century.
- Why so passionate about assessment? (2:45)
- Assessment is the engine of learning. (8:20)
- Where to start to build your own assessment literacy.
- Sound assessment is most critical in student-centered learning.
- Assessing the critical competencies. (13:55)
- Switching the end and the means. (17:05)
- Collaboration as the key competency for educators. (20:10)
- Grading is assessment and must adhere to the same principles.
- Bringing parents on board. (27:30)
- Getting our practices right internally before challenging
standardized tests. (30:50)
- The problems with standardized testing. (35:40)
- The emotional experience of assessment. (37:55)
- Learning about “grit” is a privilege. (40:40)
- Resources for further learning. (44:10)
View full show notes at www.educrushpod.com